Foreign license to Canadian license

To convert a foreign license to a Canadian private license.

In order to verify that your aeronautical background meets all Transport Canada’s requirements for the desired license, we invite you to e-mail photocopies of your logbook (complete), aviation licenses and medical certificates to Transport Canada, which will submit a training program to obtain your Canadian CPL-H license.

If all the prerequisites are met, you can start your training at Helicraft, and sit the theory and practical exams as soon as your training program is completed, and your level is judged satisfactory by your instructor.

For an EASA license conversion, it is customary to complete around 12 hours of flights (depending on your skills) before guaranteeing a satisfactory level on the exam.
The theoretical part must be completed before your arrival in Canada, using the online training platform.
Plan on a total conversion budget of around $9,000 CAD for R-22, and $12,000 CAD for R-44 (depending on your flying experience).


You’ll need a Canadian aviation medical certificate before you can start converting your license. There are Transport Canada-approved doctors all over the world.
The list of approved doctors is available HERE.

Once your medical examination has been completed and Transport Canada has validated your aeronautical experience, we invite you to contact us to set up your training. We recommend that you reserve a date for your theory exam as soon as possible, as it can take 2 to 3 months.

  • Hold a private or professional foreign license for helicopter piloting
  • Category 3 or 1 aeronautical medical certificate, depending on the basic license
  • Average duration: 2 to 3 months
  • Theoretical lessons: 20 hours (minimum)
  • Flight training: 10 hours for private, 15 hours for commercial (minimum)

Abonnez-vous à notre infolettre

Et restez au courant de nos nouveautés et promotions!