Canadian Commercial license to a Private American license

If you have a professional license issued by a state member of the International Civil Aviation Organization, you could fly in the United States and operate an aircraft registered in the United States by applying.

You will then have to follow the rules of your basic license and those of the United States.

To get your license on time, start the conversion process three months before you consider piloting American machines.

Fill out the form and collect the required documents, then mail it to:

Federal Aviation Administration
Airmen Certification Branch,
P.O. Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK

or by fax to: +1 (405) 954-9922.

The FAA can take 45 to 60 days to approve your request. Once confirmation is received in the mail, bring the following to the district flight standards office of your choice:

  1. Your license;
  2. your aeronautical medical certificate;
  3. the FAA letter from Oklahoma City;
  4. a photo ID (ideally the passport);
  5. confirmation of successful completion of your aviation English language test.

Abonnez-vous à notre infolettre

Et restez au courant de nos nouveautés et promotions!